Thursday, July 30, 2009

The Dentist

I've been to the dentist many times since January to get my teeth fixed after a 5 year dentist drought and 2 babies(which I hear does great damage to teeth). So for my last visit on Monday she ask me to bring Sam along since he has all his teeth and is turning 2 tomorrow.

We practiced for the week before to get him to open his mouth wide so the dentist could see his pretty teeth and cheered and clapped for him every time he opened it even just a little bit. He'd smile and get excited. So when Monday came we were hoping she could get a little peek at his teeth.
She was great! He was shy at first with all the equipment around and strange people but he opened his mouth twice for her and she said his teeth look great and was amazed at all the teeth he has (I have been giving frequent updates due to my insanely regular visits). When she was done she brought our a bucket of toys and he got to choose one which he has been carrying around all week and plays with regularly. And now for the reason for the post...

Sam today apparently decided he wants to be a dentist. He has been speaking about it all evening and got really excited when I pulled up the picture. He was even going around, opening his mouth and saying "AAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!" So we'll have to see what the future holds for our little man.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

ha ha. such a cute story. Kaelah liked her first trip to the dentist too, even though I didn't prep her as well as you prepped him. I'm going to go get a cavity filled tomorrow so I'll have time to think of you. (:

cldmt_chick said...

He he he...That is awesome that Sam did so well at the dentist. I think Bean might become one--he's obsessed with opening peoples' mouths to play with their teeth and he love to carry me tooth brush around, but hey, I might be getting to far ahead of myself.