Sunday, May 9, 2010

One of My favorite things...

Since I wasn't fast enough to get a card to my Mom on time she gets to be spotlighted here. So please feel free to pass over my writing about my Mom if you feel like it.

I'm pretty sure I have the best Mom out there. I'm also pretty sure there's a whole lot of people that feel the same. So here are the reasons that I feel My Mom is the best ever...

First of all she raised me...that's enough said right there. However, there is more to it that that. Although she's not perfect, she's pretty close to being perfect. I'm pretty sure my Mom is the most patient person in the world. That goes along with raising me, if you haven't guessed, but it also includes her putting up with me for a month in Texas and a million other things.

She also has the kindest and most loving soul ever. I know she would be willing to do anything she can for anyone she could. Unfortunately that has been quite limited for the last 13 years or so and I know how hard it has been for her to sit back and watch instead of getting in and helping others all the time.

She also is the best listener in the whole world. I defy you to find a better listener. She listens for hours to her own children and the hours she has spent giving us loving attention and listening ears is endless. However, as insanely amazing as that is, I know she has given the same loving and listening support to countless numbers of other people. I'm constantly amazed at her ability to listen to anyone and everyone. She welcomes and listens to those who need and I hope I can be more like that. I'm sure she has learned a lot in her many years of listening. Included in this is her ability to keep anything and everything secret even if it is only implied or seems like it should. I never have to worry about what I tell her like I do others, because I know it's kept safe with my Mom!

The final thing I wanted to highlight since you don't want to hear me go on forever, and I could, is her Faith! Wow! I don't think I know anyone who has as much faith as she does in the tip of her little finger. I'm so grateful for her example in this. I've always grown up knowing that if I put my trust in my Heavenly Father and in Christ and listen to the promptings I receive from the Holy Ghost, that everything will work out and end up the way it should. It has helped me through many times and things that should have been much harder than they were and continues to help me every day of my life. I don't know where I'd be in life if it wasn't for her constant example of this to remind me.

So Thank You Mom!!!! You really are the best in the world and although there are many people out there who are not fortunate enough to know you, I know the world is a much better place for your life, love, kindness, willingness to listen and especially your Faith! Your influence touches those around the world! :)

And just because I am suppose to be blogging about Texas still, My mom...Getting her picture taken by Sam....

Over and over and over again. It got a bit blinding.
While I was there she made the cutest little dresses for the 4 girl grandbabies (unfortunately Klara couldn't be there for the photo shoot)

You're the best Mom! I love you!

No comments: