Sunday, July 19, 2009
Berlin...beware, long post.
Well, our trip to Berlin was great! We made it there and that was the first step. And here we are...
We made sure we had everything and then took off. This was one of our first views and I loved this bridge so Arnold took a picture for me.
This was some kind of cool building. Not sure what it is but looked cool.
This was another cool building on the other side of the path we were walking on. Again, not sure what it was but it was interesting to see the contrast of the two buildings.
Next we walked through a really cool park. Actually it was a rather warm day but that's another story. Anyway there was a playground and we had time so we stopped to let our little man get out some of the insane amounts of energy trapped inside of him.
I tried to get a fun picture of the beauty of the park but this was the best I could do. Just know that it was huge and beautiful.
Leaving the park after getting the passport info taken care of we saw this and thought it looked pretty cool. And yes, Sam crashed! Yea!
And this is the big gate. No I don't remember what it's called but it was big and fun to see.
Next we went to one of the coolest museums I've been too. They have collected old big stuff and I mean BIG! Take a look for yourself.






Yea, it's late and I'm tired...can you tell? This next picture is a building we passed all covered in Ivy...yea I'm stating the obvious I know. But it looked really fun since the wind was blowing and the whole building looked like it was breathing or alive or something.
Yet another fun looking building. I think the most interesting thing was seeing the contrast between the old and the new.
And finally, our last stop before going home... the train station.
We had dinner here to celebrate a successful trip. I think Sam enjoyed it.
Me too! :) I couldn't enjoy the veggies though but the rest was delicious!
Marie wanted some of what we got later as we waited for our train... I would too if I was her.
But Sam enjoyed it...
and so did I :) Hmmm....Yummy! :)
The best part of the train ride home was the space to play in so they could wear themselves out a bit. Did I mention I love the kiddie section we were able to reserve! :)
Sam had to explore everything which usually involved one of his favorite past times of climbing.
And finally....Cabin fever?
What else do you call it when you put cups on your feet and socks on your hands and then try to escape?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That was amazing that you got to see the Pergammon. I remember studying about some of the artifacts that you saw in Dr Finlayson's class.
Post a Comment