It hadn't really occurred how independent Sam has always been until I had Marie. Now that she's getting older (all of 4 months now) I can see a huge difference between the two. Sam has always been fine without me. He knows I'll be back and while I'm gone he has his own agenda, things he wants to do. This was really nice when I ended up in the hospital because he was such an easy baby that I never had to worry about him. He took the bottle nicely and when I was able to nurse again he switched back patiently. He was fine with who ever had him and never complained.
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Declaring Independence
It hadn't really occurred how independent Sam has always been until I had Marie. Now that she's getting older (all of 4 months now) I can see a huge difference between the two. Sam has always been fine without me. He knows I'll be back and while I'm gone he has his own agenda, things he wants to do. This was really nice when I ended up in the hospital because he was such an easy baby that I never had to worry about him. He took the bottle nicely and when I was able to nurse again he switched back patiently. He was fine with who ever had him and never complained.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow. Kaelah & Sam may have been born the same month, but they sure are different!!! What you're experiencing with Marie is much more like my story. Good thing Sam came first in your family -- probably why he could handle a sibling so soon too.
I love the picture of Sam in your shoes!!
Post a Comment