Ok, so I know I'm a little slow on this but I haven't been able to decide how I wanted to do this post so I finally just decided to start and then finish with more than one post if necessary other wise it won't ever get finished like this sentence. So here we go...Jen's visit...
First I have to give Jen a BIG THANK YOU!!!! for first, coming to visit me, and second, being insanely patient with my pregnant belly. We could have done so much more if it wasn't for me being so easily worn out. I know I would love to have done more and she probably did too...But it was still a great week.

So Jen arrived and looked fabulous! I know I don't look that good after a long flight. I also don't sleep on planes but that's another story. We got back to the house and decided to take a walk into town so she could see where I live now. It was loads of fun and Sam's favorite part was getting to see the animals. :)

Yet another thank you to Jen for chasing Sam around! Yea! So cute!

The next day we went into Frankfurt and met Arnold and co-workers here to find some lunch. This is the old Opera house I think.

This is Jen watching/chasing Sam around while we waited for them to show up. We actually got there much faster than I expected so Sam got to run and stretch his legs a bit. We then had lunch and let Arnold and co. go back to work while we played and saw some of Frankfurt. :)

Friday was a break day and we didn't do much since we went to Mainz on Saturday. This is Sam taking a nap on the train ride. Poor little guy had a fun week but just got a bit tired. Oh, he's hiding in Arnold's jacket but won't be able to do that for much longer.

This is the beautiful Cathedral we saw in Mainz on the way to the Gutenberg Museum. It was absolutely beautiful but Arnold and I had to leave a little faster than Jen and Eddie due to a certain curious little fellow who was no longer asleep.

Yea for apples! Sam loves apples and had a great time eating this one before going into the museum. It was too cute to not add. :)

The next week we went into Hanau and looked around there for a bit. This is the statue of the Brothers Grimm since Hanau is their birthplace.

On the way back to the train we saw tons and tons of airplanes. It was fun to try and get pictures of Sam pointing at the planes. I thought this was cute even though he's not pointing in it. He's too fast sometimes.
We went out to Kassel the next day to see the Brother's Grimm museum and then a break day again before she left. I'm afraid I was tired but it was so much fun to just catch up and share some time with Jen. I hope she really enjoyed it as much as I did! THANKS again! You're the BEST! Miss you!
4 comments:
I sooo need to buy one of those for Kaelah -- and I need to come visit too!
So at the beginning, I was like "Jen, Jen who?" Then I saw the pics and had a lightbulb! I didn't know you two still stayed in touch from high school days. How great! Is she married now? Either way, great post for convincing the rest of us we need to get off our duffs and come see the beautiful country you get to live in!
I love the monkey leash, I am considering getting one for Jo. Does Sam do ok with it?
NO I AM NOT MARRIED ;-) you sound like Arnold!!
Thanks again for having me. I will have to come visit when you are not pregnant. Or we can meet up in Berlin or somewhere. I had fun. It was good to see your picutres. I miss you hon. Kiss the belly for me!
Post a Comment