Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A teenager already?

Being pregnant again so quickly with health problems has really taken a lot out of me. I'm not the best at waking up if I don't have to. So last thursday I heard Sam singing away in his bedroom like he normaly does and thought, "Oh, I hope he doesn't wake up yet" as I drifted back into sleep. Pretty soon I heard him start to talk which means he's either close to being awake or if he does it long enough and it gets understandable he's finally ready to get up. Lucky for me I also realized Arnold was in there with him. "Yes! I get to sleep in for a bit longer while Arnold takes care of him" was my next thought as I drifted back into dream land. Then to my surprise I realized that Arnold was back in bed and Sam was still in the other room. Not being very awake I was slightly confuses since I was pretty sure I had heard Arnold talking to him a minute or so before. This is a later telling of the the story I got upon asking where Sam was...

"Thursday morning, I woke up. After a while I heard Sam starting to sing as he does sometimes in the morning when he is getting ready to get up. He sort of sings a merry little tune of "aaaaah" "ahaaahh" "aahhaaaa". It is rather cute. So, after having listened to this for a while, I decided to go and get him, as I only get a limited time to see him each day. So I walked in, opened the door and said "Guten Morgen SamSam!" He sort of smiled, looked at me and cuddled back down into his blanket. Since he had been singing for quite a while before I got him, I figured that he was ready to get up. So I walked over to him, picked him up, and walked him out the door. He squirmed and got back down, walked back into his room, and shut the door. I wasn't sure if he had closed it on purpose, as he doesn't always have complete motor control over all of his skills. So after a moment, I decided to open the door again. He was next to his bed, looking as though he were trying to get back in. I figured that that couldn't have been the case, and that he had just been walking around in the dark in his room. So I grabbed him by the hand, and walked him out of his room again, so that I could take him to say good morning to Mommy. But as we got out of the room, he turned around, bolted back into his room, and this time deliberately pushed shut the door and left me outside. I was quite surprised by this, and by this time, I was laughing. What had at first appeared to be merely an accidental closing of his bedroom door had not, after all, been an accident. I went back to Mandi and told her about it. We ended up getting dressed and coming back about 15-20 minutes later, and sure enough, he was laying in bed again, singing away... "

So to explain the picture. This is Sam the second time he woke up. Still a bit sleepy and not ready to get out of bed but his happy little self. I can't imagine what he'll be like as a teenager if he's like this already... :)
Posted by Picasa